Coconut, cacao and nut balls
1 cup almonds or macadamia nuts
½ cup seeds (sunflower/pumpkin/chia/flax etc.)
2 tbsp cacao powder
1 tbsp coconut oil
200g bar of creamed coconut
4-6 pitted dates (or 2 tbsp maple syrup)
¼ cup desiccated coconut
salt – few grinds
vanilla essence – 1 tbsp
2 tsp’s sesame seeds (for rolling)
1. Grind your nuts and seeds in a food processor or coffee grinder.
2. Mix together ground nuts and seeds and cacao plus the desiccated coconut and salt, if you are using.
3. Stew the dates in a little water to soften to a paste.
4. Melt the coconut oil with the coconut cream then add dates or maple syrup and vanilla essence if liked.
5. Add the melted mixture to the nuts and seeds, stir to combine. Then roll into balls (about 10-12), rolling in sesame seeds if using. Store in fridge.
I see clients at:
1 Commercial Rd
© 2020 Nutrition Matrix Ltd T/A Helen Maxwell Nutrition | All rights reserved |