Carrot, pumpkin and Emmer flour loaf
This loaf is so easy, healthy and filling. Emmer flour is an heirloom grain also known as Faro flour which is high protein, low gluten with a full nutty flavour. It is left overnight to ferment then left to rise again in the tin for 40 mins to 2 hours depending on how warm the room is then bake. Thanks to Dan Lepard for this recipe.
- Stage one
- 300g Organic Emmer flour
- 1/4 tsp fast action yeast
- 70g live yogurt
- 350g water (warm/room temperature)
- Stage two
- 150g raw carrot grated (2 medium size)
- 10g salt
- 200g pumpkin seeds
- 200g organic Emmer flour
- Doves farm do an Emmer flour or try Bakerybits.com. Remember flour goes off so don't bulk buy, just one or two bags at a time is best.
- I use 3lb loaf tin (23 x 13 cm's)
- Mix all stage one ingredients together and leave to rise overnight, covered with a tea towel or wax paper. If you forget it or leave it for two nights it doesn't seem to mind.
- Stir in the carrot, salt, seeds and the second lot of Emmer flour, tip into a loaf tin and leave to rise for an hour or so.
- Bake 40 mins at 200C.
I see clients at:
1 Commercial Rd
© 2020 Nutrition Matrix Ltd T/A Helen Maxwell Nutrition | All rights reserved |